Re: [SLUG] Fedora Core 3 fail on xorg-x11

From: Tom E. Craddock, Jr. (sigtom@sigtom.com)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2005 - 14:23:49 EST

Larry Brown wrote:

>Has anyone seen this? I have googled and only see complaints about
>upgrades failing because of this package. I ran the cd tests with
>positive results at the beginning of the install, when I get to that
>package it fails saying the file is corrupt. I re-downloaded FC3 disk 2
>and burned it, then replaced the other disk. It still gives the same
>message. Does anyone know how to get around this?

>This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked
>Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages
>posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the
>official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.

Im using FC3 on my laptop and its updated once a day, so Im sure Im
using any upgraded pacakges for xorg. I install FC3 thru a network
install, use yam to setup a pxe boot env, so I cant say that the CDs
will work. If you want to try it out on my network, Im in the
Brandon/Riverview area, so your more than welcome to use it if need be,
either bring it here or you could vpn or ssh in somehow to get on my
network.

Tom