RE: [SLUG] MEPIS is finally working?

From: Ken Elliott (kelliott4@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2005 - 19:58:59 EST

Pete >>I have been going back to the dark side and saving them as JPEG as a
work-around

You might want to try TIFF (.tif) files instead. JPEG uses a lossy
compression that decreases image quality _every_ time you save. TIFF files
are much larger, but quality remains the same no matter how many times you
save it.

Do put the time and effort into Scribus. It's pretty good. And Open Office
can do some pretty good things that MS Office cannot. Example: Excel can
read Access files or SQL Server data, but not write to them without
programming. Open Office calc can open, create, and write MySQL or darn
near any ODBC database. That's pretty impressive.

Ken Elliott