Re: [SLUG] Spam Lotto

From: jeff (jdavis70@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2005 - 14:53:15 EST

On Wednesday 09 February 2005 12:34, Eben King wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Richard Smoot wrote:
> > Did everybody on the list win 1,500,000 Euros?
> > How are thease people getting on our list if they are not members?
> > From the headers it appears to have been sent to the whole list.
>
> You're referring to the stuff from "ADS"? It wasn't redirected to my
> "spam" folder (because it didn't go through one of the known spam hosts),
> but neither was it redirected to my "linux" folder (as its [blank] subject
> didn't have "[SLUG]" in it). Stuff really from the list always has
> "[SLUG]" in the subject. I must be extra lucky -- I got two.
>
> I really need to set up a Bayesian filter... any recommendations?

I run spamassassin and kmail. I have filters in kmail that sort my whitelisted
messages first, then the rest gets piped through spamassassin. So far, it
seems to be working quite well. Only one false positive in about 6 months ( a
newsletter that was mostly html, and spamassassin flagged it for excessive
html content).

Jeff