[SLUG] Mounting USB Floppy in Simply Mepis

From: Pete Theisen (petet@acun.com)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2005 - 21:12:22 EST

Hi Everybody!

I can see two ways to mount the floppy in the GUI, but when I click on
either of them the floppy doesn't mount. This is true regardless of user
or root.

This didn't come up at the meeting because I didn't have the floppy with
  me. And I almost had identified every issue!

The one thing I found on the web:

"If it's a USB floppy then the kernel will assign it a USB device node,
most likely /dev/sda, not /dev/fd0. During initial bootup (ie prior to
the linux kernel loading) they are usually recognized as standard floppy
drives, ie /dev/fd0, but this is something the BIOS provides so that
they may be used as an initial boot device, a trick if you will. In
order for it to work under Linux, the kernel will need USB support and
USB Mass Storage support."

<http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/history/278994>

When the box is booting it tries to find the floppy and says it can't.
The floppy is there, though, and even has a disk full of files in it.

There is a link about this and simply mepis but it seems to be dead. I
tried the same search on the mepis site itself and got all kinds of
posts about other stuff. Anyone know how to do it?

Regards,

Pete