[SLUG] share USB printer

From: A2L1 (ulmerton@tampadsl.net)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2005 - 00:26:30 EST

This is in a round about way just barely a linux problem,
just barely anything close to linux but I really cant think
of a better place to ask, the people on this list know a
little about most everything related to computers running
Linux or not.

 Ok, here is what I have going on. I have a lexmark E312
laser that has both USB and parallel. Presently I have the
Linux box connected through an A/B switch to the printer
and an HP 612 both on cable. I have a mac B&W running
10.3.8 connected to the printer with the USB. So far all
is good and everything working fine. I want to connect 2
other mac B&W's to the printer. One is running Yellow Dog
and the other Debian but the only connection possible with
a B&W is USB. The question is -- Is there any way to
connect all 3 macs to the USB so they can all share the
laser?
I have a couple of 4 port USB hubs but I cant see anyway
to connect the macs to the hub and have the hubs share the
printer, what am I missing?
According to all the USB data I could google up there is no
USB to USB cable -- they cannot be "networked" but can be
"daisy chained" up to 277 from what I can gather.
I would like to think there would be a way to connect these
without running a print server, servers and I do not have a
good history :(
Thanks,
A J

--
Feel safe and confident,there were no M$ products used in