Re: [SLUG] share USB printer

From: Robert Snyder (res03q8w@gte.net)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2005 - 10:47:17 EST

I actually have not had a problem with samba printer queues, maybe I
am just lucky. Windows XP Box with Epson R300m(photo stylus) shared
on network. OSX picks up on it just fine. NEC 870 Super Script and a
HP 3600 inkjet on this other machine Window/Linux/Beos/Freebsd shared
all with samba. each one gets alot of printing depending on what I am
doing. No problems. But spliting off the one usb printer to 3 others
machines via usb is not the smartest thing if your not the only one
using the machines. All that will do is confuse the printer if two
print jobs from two different machines come in at apoximate the same time.

So bottom line what I was saying is share the printers somehow via smb
or what ever else is out there and save alot of hassle and money on usb
cables.