Re: [SLUG] Textbox Linux

From: 404 (matthew@textbox.net)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2005 - 13:03:46 EST

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 16:39, Robin 'Roblimo' Miller wrote:
> Matthew, Pete is not exactly a CLI kind of guy. That's the joke.
>
> BTW, if you contacted Joe Barr - joe@pjprimer.com - he might want to
> write it up for Linux.com. Tell him I sentcha.
>
> - Robin

Well everything installed has a man page, like any decent app should.
While I like Debian-based livecds, I think there is a flood of them or
edited knoppix clones out there. We wanted our live cd to be more
vanilla then anything. Anyone who can use vi or the standard linux base
apps (ping, cat, grep, netstat, ifconfig, etc) can use this cd.

For now it's a live cd, once we work out all the bugs (mainly with odd
NICs) we will add an install script or make an slackware/ubuntu-like
installer (ncurses I think).

As far as getting it reviewed, I think we might wait on that (but it is
a great idea and we thank you). TBL is nothing to write home about for
now, Knoppix and the others blow us out of the water so to speak but we
are trying (and that is what should count, no? ;-p).

X.org and a light WM - like fluxbox - should be coming soon

--
404 <matthew@textbox.net>
Textbox Networks