[SLUG] What folks in 1954 thought the "Home Computer" would be in 2004.

From: Steven Buehler (swbuehler@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2005 - 09:58:10 EST

Just had to share this one with you guys.

A colleague passed on to me a scan from a book in the 1950s about what a
"home computer" would look like circa 2004. I've posted it to my blog
(http://www.sanctuaryweb.org/blog).

Just a hint, here's the caption:

"Scientists from the RAND Corporation have created this model to illustrate
how a "home computer" could look like in the year 2004. However the related
technology will not be economically feasible for the average home. Also the
scientists readily admit that the computer will require not yet invented
technology to actually work, but 50 years from now scientific progress is
expected to solve these problems. With teletype interface and the Fortran
language, the computer will be easy to use."

"scientific progress is expected to solve these problems" ... I'll say ...
:-)

SWB