Re: [SLUG] Play an .iso

From: Steven Buehler (swbuehler@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2005 - 11:41:59 EST

On Feb 28, 2005, at 11:26 AM, Richard Smoot wrote:

>> OK, tried and opened a VOB file in Kaffiene (Xine) and it tried to
>> play. Got the sound and a partial picture (some parts of the subjects
>> but was very blocky and pixelated. (because it is still encrypted?)

That occurs because the data stream is encrypted on the DVD to prevent
copying.

>> No, it copies the VOB files but they seem to be corrupted or
>> something.Question; what is the purpose of the BUP & IFO files. Must
>> have something to do with the way the movie plays,

The BUP & IFO files tell the player how to play the disc and respond to
user-initiated events (pressing the "Menu" button on the remote or
requesting next track or chapter), because a given track can be more
than one .VOB file.

Steven W. Buehler | swbuehler@yahoo.com