Re: [SLUG] perl upgrade broke cyradm

From: Doug Koobs (dkoobs@dkoobs.com)
Date: Tue Mar 08 2005 - 09:09:09 EST

Doug Koobs said:
> Anybody in SLUGadonia using Cyrus? I recently upgraded my installation of Perl from
> 5.8.0 (in /usr/lib/perl5) to 5.8.6 (in /usr/local/lib/perl5) using CPAN. I didn't
> catch the difference in location when I installed... Now, when I try to run the
> command "cyradm --user cyrus --auth login localhost" I got the error:

After struggling with this for hours yesterday, the simple act of writing out this
email to SLUG made the answer clear to me... In the cyradm script, there a 2 calls
to perl:

x) exec perl -MCyrus::IMAP::Shell -e shell -- ${1+"$@"} ;;
*) exec perl -MCyrus::IMAP::Shell -e shell -- "$@" ;;

These invoke the new 5.8.6 version of perl in /usr/local/bin. Searching around a
bit, I found another perl executable in /usr/bin, and running "/usr/bin/perl -V"
revealed that this is the 5.8.0 version. So, I replaced references to perl in cyradm
to /usr/bin/perl, and now it works. I get to have my cake, and eat it too!

Doug