[SLUG] Router setup

From: SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Mar 09 2005 - 17:52:21 EST

Hi All

I would appreciate a little help with a router set up.

First I would like to keep this as simple as possible with the intent of
adding complexity after I make the most basic items function as required
first.

This is a standard Netgear wireless router with 1 input RJ45 port and 4 output
RJ45 ports and 1 wireless output port.

I would like to have dynastic [input] connection capability for the connection
to the ISP.

I would like to use static [output] connections to the computers with ports
Proposed Static Router Settings

Route Name <Computer Name for computer X>
Designated IP 192.168.10.X
IP Submask 255.255.255.0
IP Gateway 192.168.1.X

where X = 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 for RJ45 connection 1, 2, 3, & 4 and 5 for the
wireless connection.
LAN IP Set-Up

IP Address 191.168.1.1
IP Subnet 255.255.255.0
Set Use Router DHCP to on
Starting IP Address 192.168.20.1
Ending IP Address 192.168.20.51

I would appreciate knowing if these setting look OK or not.

Are there any other settings I have to make for the simplest of systems.

Thanks
Frank