Re: [SLUG] Links of the Meeting, 2005-03-08

From: Everett Attebury (everettattebury@mac.com)
Date: Thu Mar 10 2005 - 14:34:26 EST

Hello all.

I'm Everett, I just joined the list a few days ago. I don't have much
linux experience; I installed Yellow Dog on my iMac a couple of years
ago, and it was really cool, but I ended up wiping it to make room on
the hard drive.

My roommate has a PC, and is allowing me to play with live CD
distributions, as long as I don't touch his hard drive.

The past couple of days I've been playing with a distribution called
Puppy Linux. It is a multi-session live CD that let's you save data
back to the CD. You can read about it here:
http://www.goosee.com/puppy/news.htm

It is very easy to use, and very small, and requires no hard drive,
just a pc with a cd writer and 256MB ram. I'm carrying a mini-CDR of
it with me to try on anyone's PC who will let me.

When I get a newer mac (probably after Tiger is released), I would like
to do a multi-boot install with OSX and linux. In the meantime, does
anyone know of any live CD's that will boot a mac?

I hope to make it to some meetings eventually, but right now my work
schedule won't allow it.

ttyl,

Everett