Re: [SLUG] OT VoIP provider recommendations

From: Pete S. (linux@myraandpete.net)
Date: Thu Mar 10 2005 - 21:01:17 EST

Mario Lombardo wrote:

>I would like to find a cheap VoIP provider to give me up to four POTS lines.
>If possible, I would like the device to operate behind a router. I can
>forward the ports if necessary.
>
>/mario

>This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked
>Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages
>posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the
>official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.

Vonage has been fine for my purposes. They have residential (starting
at $17/month) and business plans (starting at $40/month). Check out
prices. Adding more lines is pretty cheap, including 800 #'s. Plan on
bandwidth per line added for VoIP. Consider QoS router (such as
Smoothwall, or Linksys router with Linux OS loaded).
Pete