Re: [SLUG] Wanting to learn C - book suggestions?

From: jeff (jdavis70@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 07:53:06 EST

On Friday 11 March 2005 1:58, Dylan Hardison wrote:

> Though, at least you didn't write "void main".
> That's so completely incorrect, and I can't say how many times I've
> seen people type that on slashdot...

Well, that one you can blame on the "Teach yourself C in x easy lessons" and
similar books. I have seen 3 or 4 different books of that type on C and C+,
and the first code that they all showed as an example was that all C programs
begin with {void main}. One of them even showed "Hello World" with void main.
I suppose that is one of the reasons that the author was writing books
instead of code for a living. ;)

Jeff