Re: [SLUG] Nvidia card

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Mar 12 2005 - 11:01:50 EST

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005, Joe Brandt wrote:

> Eben King wrote:
>
> >I went through the options, and adjusted a bit. However, all the colors
> >seem too intense, and 'Option "DigitalVibrance"' is commented out (the docs
> >say 'Default: 0', so commenting it out should do the default, right?). I
> >mean, images are distorted, practically glowing. What can I do about that?
> >
> I would first adjust monitor settings on the monitor itself.

OK, under "Color Temperature" I can pick 9500K, 6500K, or either of two
settings I create (RGB separately 0-100; if I set them all to 0 I'm
screwed).

I used some applet on the Mac (it came with Photoshop >2.x) a lifetime ago
that had a grid of black and white pixels adjacent to a field of x% grey
pixels, and the correct color settings would make them appear the same color
(well, correct for 50% anyway). Is there anything like that for Linux, or
do I have to figure out enough Gimp to do it manually?

I know about xgamma. Is the default of 1.8 appropriate?

PISCES:  Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
You are the Lord of the Dance, no matter what those idiots at
work say.  -- Weird Al, _Your Horoscope for Today_