Re: [SLUG] E-machines

From: Steven Buehler (steven@sanctuaryweb.org)
Date: Wed Mar 16 2005 - 13:40:54 EST

On Mar 16, 2005, at 12:07 PM, paddy wrote:

> I was browsing the net yesterday looking for bargains in laptops.
> Most brands and modles are overpriced for what they offer IMHO. I did
> come across many listings for E-Machines. Does anyone have good or
> bad things to say about this machine.

I give E-Machines mixed reviews; some of their units have done well,
but the majority of them that I know about have a consistent history of
problems. eMachines, however, was acquired by Gateway (think of the
cow ads) about a year ago. Not sure if that has improved their quality
at all.

Steven W. Buehler | steven@sanctuaryweb.org/swbuehler@yahoo.com
Web Page: http://www.sanctuaryweb.org | http://renaitre.iuma.com
Instant Messengers: stevenbuehlerfl (AIM) | swbuehler (Yahoo!/.Mac
iChat/Skype) | stevenwbuehler@msn.com (MSN Msgr.)