Re: [SLUG] MySQL DB Connection

From: John Pugh (jpugh@NOVELL.COM)
Date: Sat Mar 19 2005 - 20:26:38 EST

>>>sotl155360@earthlink.net 03/17/05 5:57 pm >>>
>The address of the second computer is 192.168.1.251.
>The second computer hass the database located at:
>/mnt/System_Data/My_DataBase/OpenOffice
>
>When I attempt to do a setup I get the following appearing in the URL window:
>sdbc:MSQL:jdbc <host><3306>/<DBNAME>
>
>I am assuming that <host> is 192.168.1.251
>and I assume that
><DBNAME> is /mnt/System_Data/My_DataBase/OpenOffice
>but What does <3306> mean?

The <DBNAME> entry is simply the database name. As long as MySQL "knows" about that database, meaning you setup the database thru mysqladmin or another MySQL administration utility.

The 3306 number is the default port that MySQL listens.

In my setup I have a local database so my setup looks like:
sdbc:mysql:jdbc localhost:3306/testdb

your setup with the info provided would look like
sdbc:mysql:jdbc 192.168.1.251:3306/database

NOTE::: You have mispelled MYSQL above....msql and mysql are two different db engines.

JP