Re: [SLUG] Organizer

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Mon Mar 21 2005 - 15:37:47 EST

On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 14:17 -0600, Glenn Meyer wrote:
> Any recommendations on an "organizer" - some kind of calendaring
> application - and preferably something that would sync with a Palm?

I'm one of the few maligned Palm users still out there and have used
Korganizer (part of Kontact with Kpilot) for two years. I switched back
recently to Evolution mainly because I was curious how far it had
progressed and also because it filters better with IMAP accounts and
does offline better (Kontact hiccups on that and only that). Overall, I
can very safely say Kpilot is now far nicer than Gnome-pilot, but only
as of about 8 months ago when they did a lot of work to Kpilot.
Gnome-Pilot still has many synchronization glitches. Kontact vs
Evolution is a toss up, but I won't be going back to Kontact/Korganizer
any time soon, even though it was overall more usable than Evolution.
I like Evolution's spartan interface. For a third option, and if you
just need an organizer you could try Mozilla's Sunbird which is finally
useable, but good luck syncing. What would really help me is if I could
sync my Palm and organizer independently with a hosted personal WebDAV
repository, then it wouldn't matter what organizer I used with what palm
and what syncing software. -The Ghost of Jim Varney