Re: [SLUG] Minutes of the Meeting 20050328

From: Mario Lombardo (mario@alienscience.com)
Date: Wed Mar 30 2005 - 04:44:45 EST

On Tuesday 29 March 2005 16:26, Dylan Hardison wrote:

--- >8 --- snip --- 8< ---

> Afterwards, Mario, Bob, Leonard, Chad, and I went to the Denny's and ate
> well, and had a few good laughs at the library's expense.
> The food-server at Denny's was quite kind, especially considering the
> way she ignored all of Chad and Mario's talk about hookers and other
> distasteful items.

[gasp!] We _did_not_ talk about "hookers!" We were talking about
curbside-service professionals. Get it right already! :-)

Actually, I don't remember talking about that at all, but the french fries
were pretty strong, so maybe it tainted my brain or something.

> In closing, I would like to mention I wrote a polite letter to the
> manager of the library, and to the Librarian I unintentionally
> insulted, as I think a formal-type apology is in order, even if it
> wasn't my fault. It should clear any misunderstandings. And if not,
> then hey, I have the moral highground. :)
> If anyone would like to read it, it is here:
> http://dylan.hardison.net/letter.pdf

I was sad to have Dylan send this since I think she simply had a poor sense of
humor for something so frivolous. Nonetheless, I think it was a good
political play.

> I do think we might want to seek alternate places to hold the meetings.
> Aaron I believe is thinking about Panera's.

Echh! Panera's?? Can we get a room there like Denny's? I think they have
Wi-Fi, right? I actually like the library and the dim lighting :)

/mario