Re: [SLUG] loading a module at boot

From: Mario Lombardo (mario@alienscience.com)
Date: Tue Apr 05 2005 - 08:26:48 EDT

On Monday 04 April 2005 19:37, Mario Lombardo wrote:
> On Monday 04 April 2005 12:32, Christopher Hotchkiss wrote:

> > > copy

> > > well...

> > > it

> > > I know I'm using udev since I see it start up at boot time. I'm using
> > > Fedora
> > > Core 3.
> > >
> > > [user@baglady ~]$ ps ax | grep udev
> > > 1404 ? S<s 0:00 udevd
> > >
> > > /mario
> >
> > grrr... I have never had a problem with udev in regards to this (devfsd
> > is a different story). Does anyone have any other ideas? I'm not sure
> > about Fedora internals.
>
> I could just
>
> modprobe nvidia
>
> in rc.local, but I think that's clunky. I figure there's a better, cleaner
> way.
>
> /mario

Well well well. I didn't know this. Perhaps I should have RTFM. I still
can't find this in "man modprobe.conf," but I see the mentioning of "There is
a generate_modprobe.conf program which should do a reasonable job of
generating modprobe.conf from your current (2.4 or 2.2) modules setup."
Wayne Pollock sent this to me...