Re: [SLUG] AOL video to disk

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Apr 06 2005 - 09:09:48 EDT

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, SOTL wrote:

> On Tuesday 05 April 2005 17:44, Eben King wrote:

> > > Yes but can you then play the DVD in a TV DVD player instead of a
> > > computer?
> >
> > Yup, it's a standard DVD, like you get a movie on.
>
> I get Linux distributions on a DVD and I would not exactly call that a movie

No, that's not a movie, it's a data DVD.

> so I believe there is a little bit more to this than simply having a bunch
> of data burned to a CD in DVD format. Little things like file format et.

Yeah.

> Since I DO NOT have a TV much less a TV DVD player I have no concept of
> what format et a TV DVD player takes.

Probably something that's accepted by "mplayer -dvd 1" is a good start. But
don't make your first test in a real DVD player "live"...

A. A Top Poster                        \   http://www.fscked.co.uk/
B. Who's there?                         \   writing/
A. Knock-knock -- from bobward@xxx.com   \   top-posting-cuss.html