Re: [SLUG] Firefox

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Mon Apr 18 2005 - 09:31:46 EDT

On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 00:27 -0400, Bob Stia wrote:
> Thanks for replying. Ummmm...I guess that is where my problem lies.
> Running a 64 bit Firefox and there is no 64 bit Macromedia Flash. (To my
> knowledge) I'll try the sites though, to see if anything has changed.

I was going to bring that up, but didn't because I thought Suse 9.2
transparently handled the 32/64 bit libs thing for you. In Debian, I
had to set up a separate 32 bit environment just to run OpenOffice and
Firefox. Check in Yast that you don't mistakenly have the 64 bit
firefox selected. IIRC from Suse 9.1, there's probably a 32 bit
Firefox package available as well that is imperceptibly slower, yet runs
flash.

-The Ghost of Jim Varney