Re: [SLUG] what to think about the next ver

From: Matt Burke (matthew@textbox.net)
Date: Tue Apr 19 2005 - 11:07:59 EDT

I'm currently using SuSE 9.2 FTP and has had no problems. The only
reason I updated from SuSE 9.0 Pro was that Guru was going to stop
making packages for it (yet he still includes 8.2 - go figure).

The FTP install is not bad at all. I usually buy the pro releases when
then come out but I recently picked up an FTP install version DVD from a
magazine - there were a few things missing I wanted but nothing major,
nothing that took more then a few commands to fix...

I currently don't have another $60 to shell out to Novell for yet
ANOTHER release. 9.2 is the base for everything in the 9.3 release - 9.2
started support for beagle, actually had a 2.6 kernel with the speed of
the old 9.0/2.4 kernel, etc. 9.3 is just a redefined 9.2 with some newer
packages, nothing you can't already apt in.

If you are missing anything from doing an FTP install you can either 1)
check the suse ftp or 2) install apt4rpm via Guru and apt in everything
you want...

http://linux01.gwdg.de/~pbleser/