[SLUG] PCMCIA Wireless card recommendations needed.

From: Glenn Meyer (glenn@glennmeyer.com)
Date: Mon May 02 2005 - 16:50:05 EDT

Well, I didn't read far enough. I found the following on the next page....

      AirSnort 0.2.6 Requirements

AirSnort runs under Windows or Linux, and requires that your wireless
nic be capable of rf monitor mode, and that it pass monitor mode packets
up via the PF_PACKET interface. Cards known to do this are:

    * Cisco Aironet
    * Prism2 based cards using wlan-ng drivers or Host-AP drivers
    * Orinoco cards and clones using patched
      <http://airsnort.shmoo.com/orinocoinfo.html> orinoco_cs drivers
    * Orinoc cards using the latest Orinoco drivers >= 0.15 with built
      in monitor mode support
    * And many others.
    * *Windows:* Any(?) card supported by Airopeek.

For Linux users, the best resources for finding out if your card can do
monitor mode and what drivers you will need are those maintained at the
Kismet <http://www.kismetwireless.net> site.