Re: [SLUG] suse 9.3

From: Mason Mullins (mason_mullins@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri May 06 2005 - 08:29:50 EDT

A month? Wow, last time I tried Gentoo it took 3 days to install including Fluxbox.

I haven't tried SuSE in quite a while, it was 9.1 as I recall. Never really cared for it, too bloated. Slackware just seems to avoid all of these problems.

Mepis is a good distro, I keep a copy around to show people thinking of trying Linux and it is pretty easy to set up and use. Also comes in handy for those litte boot emergencies and for testing hardware before buying. Warren does a pretty good job.

Bob, For the k3b, did you check the permissions for cdrdao and cdrecord as well as your fstab entries? Just a thought.