Re: [SLUG] ifconfig not gettting set

From: Scott Piper (piper@ij.net)
Date: Tue May 10 2005 - 00:47:39 EDT

if you want to, you could try removing the pcmcia links and place one in
/etc/rcS.d. Put it somewhere like 38.

update-rc.d -f pcmcia remove

then

update-rc.d pcmcia 38 S .

It will run before networking. You could alternatively make a new
script in /etc/init.d that calls /etc/init.d/networking with the restart
parameter, and then add a link so networking will be restarted after the
pcmcia services.

update-rc.d {your script name} defaults 16 (I just picked 16 because it
is after pcmcia. you may want some other number)

You can search for debian policy or man init and update-rc.d for some help

scott