Re: [SLUG] Cordless Keyboards/trackballs and Linux

From: vegetableblood@aol.com
Date: Wed May 25 2005 - 01:10:24 EDT

Hey, that's funny.

I just went out and bought a usb cordless optical mouse (cause I don't
like the touchpad on my laptop, and it doesn't have ps/2 support) with
only windows drivers. Figured that Linux would do the rest.

I'm running SuSE 9.2 FTP and after plugging it in, I could not get it
to work (modified YaST, ran hardware detection, searched the web,
etc.). I finally got frustrated and shut the pc off. After rebooting
a dialogue came up and said "new hardware found". So if he ever has
that problem tell him to reboot. That's always worth a try at least ;)

Anyway, I was just curious as to how old your nephew is, because my mom
thinks it's strange for a 17-year-old such as myself to be "obsessed"
with Linux as opposed to buying into Microsoft's corporate propaganda.

--Possum