Re: [SLUG] multi-head-system???

From: Nicholas Finzer (nfinzer@gmail.com)
Date: Sun May 29 2005 - 14:40:47 EDT

I forgot to say what the lines you have to add to xorg.conf are in the last
email. Basically, once once you have your 2 screens set up, one for each
video card/monitor combo, let's call them screen0 and screen1, in the
ServerLayout section, you would do something like:
 Screen 0 "Screen0" LeftOf "Screen1"
Screen 1 "Screen1" 0 0
 LeftOf can also be RightOf, and some other options but most likely you want
one of those.
 Also you will probably want
 Option "Xinerama" "On"
Option "Clone" "Off"
 Turning Clone to On will make it so the same thing is shown on both
displays. Typically not what you want.
 -NF