Re: [SLUG] dual-head knoppix

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue May 31 2005 - 18:10:11 EDT

On Tue, 31 May 2005, Mavrick wrote:

> On 5/29/05, Robert Snyder <res03q8w@gte.net> wrote:
> >
> > No simply you can get a dvi to vga conector to slove this issue.
>
> Most vga cards (with dvi connection) nowadays come with the dvi-->vga
> connector so you do not have to go searching. Makes it kinda simple.

Are there analog pins in a DVI connector (so the card does the D->A work and
all the adapter has to do is make the right connections) or is there really
a D->A converter that doesn't make enough heat to worry about crammed into
the adapter (in which case I'm surprised they're given out "free" with the
purchase of a DVI-capable card)?

AQUARIUS:  There's travel in your future when your tongue freezes to the
back of a speeding bus.  Fill the void in your pathetic life by playing
Whack-a-Mole 17 hours a day.  -- Weird Al, _Your Horoscope for Today_