Re: [SLUG] Dual-Boothing Knoppix and WindozeXP

From: Richard Smoot (rsmoot@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jun 03 2005 - 23:40:18 EDT

David R. Meyer wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I'm wondering if anyone has ever installed Knoppix on their hard drive
>along with WindowsXP? I am doing this on my corporate laptop, and
>don't want to reformat my entire hard drive...at least not yet.
>
>Is this a problem with Knoppix, or is it as easy as it is with Red Hat,
>Debian, or any of the others?
>
>Thanks!
>
>David R. Meyer
>Registered Linux User #388010

If you don't mind keeping the CD around, you can make a persistent
folder or directory to remember your setup and keep data and email in.
You are still running off the CD but it rembers things between sessions.
The Knoppix CD will tell you how to set this up. I believe you can copy
the CD onto your HD and run from that, but check with Knoppix and see
what you can do.

                                                Richard Smoot