[SLUG] Knoppix V3.9

From: paddy (paddy@ij.net)
Date: Thu Jun 09 2005 - 13:01:38 EDT

I thought I'de give knoppix a try as I have too many old spare hard
drives and too much time on my hands. So, I downloaded the latest
version v3.9 and as this took a long time even with a DSL connection, I
didn't pay attention to the ISO file size until it was done. Guess
what? Knoppix v3.9 weighs in at 712,592 bytes just over the 700MB
capacity of all of the CDROMS I have or can find for sale. My only
other alternative is to use a 4.7 GB DVD which I don't think I will.

Anyone have an idea why this brilliant move was made by the Knoppix
people and/or is there a work around or should I just forget the whole
thing as a bad idea.

TIA

Paddy