Re: [SLUG] [Fwd: Sarasota Downton Unplugged Wi-Fi]

From: Craig Zeigler (craig@ctrust.com)
Date: Thu Jun 09 2005 - 16:26:09 EDT

SOTL wrote:

>On Thursday 09 June 2005 10:23, Mavrick wrote:
>

>>On 6/9/05, Eric Jahn <eric@ejahn.net> wrote:
>>

>>>I don't know if Sarasotans all knew about this:
>>>http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/stories/2005/05/09/daily5.html
>>>http://www.82degreestech.com/Article.aspx?B4DBB6B4=8A
>>>BodyID:15825961.2.n.logpart (stored separately)
>>>

>>Very very cool. The city of Dunedin FL (just north of Clearwater) is
>>planning on doing the same thing, only it will encompass the ENTIRE
>>town (downtown and neighborhoods as well). Ain't technology great?!
>>
>>http://sptimes.com/2005/05/07/Northpinellas/Dunedin_Web_surfers_c.shtml
>>
>>Cheers,
>>
>>Eric
>>

>The only thing that bothers me about government offering internet service is
>that then government believes that government has the right to filter what
>one may do, view, say or listen to.
>
>Frank
>This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked
>Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages
>posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the
>official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.

I think thats true of anyone providing something like that. If I
permitted anonymous access to the internet through my WAPs, then I have
the right to filter what you can and (more importantly) can't see since
it can reflect on me.

If someone is doing something evil on the Internet and originating from
my network, I'm partly responsible for that content.

--
Craig Zeigler
Network Administrator