[SLUG] Apache2 virtual hosts

From: Joe Brandt (vzd1s11k@verizon.net)
Date: Sat Jun 18 2005 - 13:06:35 EDT

I have been attempting (unsuccessfully) to get
Apache2 configured so that that :
default serves up /var/www/html
www.hamsbeer.com serves up /var/www/html/hams
www.joedienterprises.com serves up /var/www/html/joedi

Searching the docs on Name based Virtual Hosts
(http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/name-based.html) was not much
help as I did what I interpreted them to be saying and I can not get it
to work. All I have managed to accomplish is get 1 site up regardless
of name. I have made it functional again and copied the httpd.conf file
for your viweing pleasure.

All help will be appreciated
Thank you in advance

Joe Brandt S.S.T.G.I.T.
(Struggling self taught geek in training)