[SLUG] The Scarysota SLUG Meeting Tomorrow

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Mon Jun 20 2005 - 13:14:37 EDT

Are you bored and feeling that you've seen it all? We are.

Due to the relative remoteness and cultural isolation of Sarasota, local
SLUG members have been driven to an extreme state of depravity. Because
of this, we've got a few new things going on at tomorrow's Sarasota SLUG
meeting.

1) Linux Haiku readings with prizes for the best haikus. Prizes include
an HP carabiner keychain and a penguin statue. Our own Matt Moen (aka
cleancut) will conduct the hotly contested haiku competition. Be there
to read your own haiku, or else we'll have to, and we'll read it with a
William Shatneresque cadence.

2) Public debut of Wee OS Alpha 2.4, TheLogan Edition. Here is the
proposed CD cover art:
http://www.linuxtops.com/modules/xoopsgallery/view_photo.php?xoops_imageid=8&set_albumName=othercrap&id=weeosmascot

Not sure if it's a dunce hat or a garden gnome hat. You decide.

Rumor has it that Wee Robby Snyder will wear a tie, as duly advised by
the WeeOS Task force (a.k.a. WTF). Wee Robby also mentioned that the
"MPAA and the RIAA are not allowed at the meeting". Interpret that as
you will...

For a preview of Wee Robby's soothing and deceptively unseeming voice,
as heard recently on WMNF, go to: http://ejahn.net/weerobbysnyder.ogg

The Sordid Meeting Details:
Tomorrow, Tuesday, 6pm to 9pm

Latitude 23.5 Coffee Shop