Re: [SLUG] What did I do?

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Tue Jun 21 2005 - 07:48:46 EDT

On Monday 20 June 2005 20:12, Chuck Hast wrote:

> > Just do a basic install with the minimum. It's easier to install only
> > what you need than to remove once installed.
>
> Yes that is what I have found out. Actually this was a test machine that is
> working so well that it hurts to re-do it... So I was hoping to find out
> what I needed to re-install to get it back up and working. I was trying to
> use apt-get and ended up using dselect because apt-get could not find
> anything dselect gives you so much that it is sort of like pulling a
> rockslide down on top of you...

Guess I forgot to tell you to not format the partitions. You won't loose
anything but should have a freshly repaired system ready to go.

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.