Re: [SLUG] Red Hat promotion code for SLUG?

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 24 2005 - 09:42:54 EDT

On 6/24/05, John Pugh <jpugh@novell.com> wrote:
> > Hey guys --
> >
> > I'm about to buy Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES for one of our servers. If Red
> > Hat has given us any promotion codes that might be relevant, please let me
> > know ASAP. (Heck, I'm even switching to non- digest mode for this answer.)
> >

> Buy it? It's open source. With Red Hat you are buying support AND maintenance.
>
> You can download SLES9 at no cost and if you want automated updates via our online update tool for cheap (roughly 320).
>
> I know it doesn't answer your question, but I HAD to respond. Sorry.

John, question for you...
I have SuSE 9.1 on my corporate laptop. I use it when I can so as not to
have to run XPeeee, but I still have to run XPeee in order to do some mapping
and use outlook in order to access our exchange server.

I wanted to get the latest Evolution with the connector but when I
went to Novell to
get it I get directed to the Evolution developer page or some such,
and what I get
to download is the source, go to compile it and it appears that when I did the
install I did NOT (do not ask me I think this was another one of those 2 a.m.
things) get the compiler installed in my 9.1 install, and to top it
off I did not have
the DVD with me....
Is there anywhere I can get the Evolution binaries for SuSE, I was
able to get 1.4
back I guess a year ago in that form but now I can not find it... I have looked
all over the Novell site, they talk about it but I guess you have to
get the new desktop
or some such...

--
Chuck Hast