Re: [SLUG] atk.pc

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 28 2005 - 09:29:12 EDT

On 6/28/05, Levi Bard <taktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktak@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Folks,
> > I am trying to install the latest Evolution on my laptop, so far I am doing the
> > ./configure, I do not know how much is left before I can do a make, one thing
> > is certain, it is asking for atk.pc, I put in the DVD and run yast, it
> > tells me I have
> > it I tell it to install it, it appears to do so, but it never appears
> > on the machine.
>
> What's "it"? - should be something like libatk-devel.

'It' is the Evolution configurator...

I am trying to compile Evolution and it keeps on asking for it. If I run
YaST and put the DVD in, it finds it and says it has installed it but
it is not found by the Evolution configurator... If I do a find I also do
not find it elsewhere so I do not know what is going on.

I was hoping to get this thing to where I can do all of the normal office
stuff 'windows free' so I could demo it to the company, but at this rate
I am not going to get there very soon.

I had got the Novell developer DVD kit back last year and installed it.
It so far has been quite good but now I want to put Evolution on it with
the exchange connector, but so far I have not had much luck with it.

I kind of get the impression that Novell does not want you to try to
add stuff to 9.1, perhaps I am wrong, but making Evolution work would
be a big impressor at work, several are already using Open Office so
that is a done deal, it is the e-mail that has things stopped.

--
Chuck Hast
To paraphrase my flight instructor;