Re: [SLUG] Intranet Portal

From: Mike Branda (mike@wackyworld.tv)
Date: Wed Jun 29 2005 - 16:07:44 EDT

On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 15:30 -0400, Jeffrey Kroll wrote:
> Good afternoon all,
>
> I work for a small business aproximately 500 users (globally). I
> was given the task of setting up a intranet portal/webpage (however you
> wish to word it) with some of the following key items:
>
> * Document Manager
> * Online Calendar & Group Scheduling
> * Task Manager
> * Contact Directories
> * News and Company wide infromation location (important
> headlines / news)
> * Discussion Forums (Possibly would like to have)
> * Nice look and feel to company intranet site/portal
>
> I am asking the open source group for any ideas and thoughts on what
> would be the best fit... Currently I am running and testing a setup w/
> mambo that is working all except for the task manager portion and a
> decent looking template. I am pressured by time and a tight tight budget
> (slim to none!) I would appreciate any help that anyone would be able to
> putforth and advise me w/.
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Jeffrey Kroll :: IT Coordinator :: PBOA & Risk Services
> 941.955.0793 :: 1800 Second St. Suite 910 :: Sarasota, FL 34236

Jeff,

You might be able to tweak Webcollab. It's GPL'ed and already has most
of what you are looking to do.

http://webcollab.sourceforge.net/

It handles Files, Calendar, Tasks ToDo's, has group management and much
more. Was a feature in Linux Journal a few months back. We are playing
with it right now and will be tying it in somehow with our intranet
homepage in the near future.

Mike Branda Jr.