[SLUG] No audio SuSE 9.1

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jul 09 2005 - 09:22:51 EDT

Folks, I am trying to get Skype running on my laptop which is running SuSE
9.1 I have found that there is no audio. The interesting part is that it used to
have audio, I had turned it down because it was noisy to the point of being
obnoxious at times. Well I went and turned it back up (turned off the speaker
mute) and find that I no longer have audio. The only thing I can figure is that
at some point some update that I did broke the audio, but I am not sure where
to look, I have gone in and looked at the audio mixer, I have brought up the
control center and check that piece, turned things on and off, but no avail.

Anyone familiar with this one? I have been looking at google, and some
things indicate kmix, others just reloaded the whole OS, but I have not
seen a clear cut solution.

--
Chuck Hast
To paraphrase my flight instructor;