[SLUG] Downloading e-mail

From: SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jul 12 2005 - 08:34:33 EDT

Hi All

As normal I am a wee bit confused.

I have Kmail and Mozilla both set up to receive e-mail from the same accounts.
[The objective being to move several of my accounts that are not computer
related into another system where I do not loose e-mail in spam.] Both Kmail
and Mozilla are set up for one account such that e-mail stays on the server
so downloading e-mail does not delete the mail. [This mail also goes into
another computer where it is stored.] Anyway I am sending test e-mails to
verify operation of Mozilla which I had just set up. No problem Kmail. Test
e-mail sent; test e-mail received. Not so Mozilla, Test e-mail sent, test
e-mail not received. Now I know Mozilla works correctly as no settings have
been changed and it worked the day before Sunday. Well I disgust I go home.
Nothing I do causes Mozilla to download e-mail. Today, Tuesday, I come in and
check e-mail. All test e-mails now appear on Mozilla.

Does any have any explanation as to why Kmail would receive e-mail some 10
hours before it would appear in Mozilla considering both are downloading from
the same account and both leave e-mail on the server.

Frank