Re: [SLUG] Powerpoint image extraction

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jul 15 2005 - 14:52:58 EDT

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005, Chuck Hast wrote:

> On 7/15/05, Eben King <eben1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> > > Did you try Open Office? I use it to open company PPT files all of the time,
> > > it should allow you to pull those images out.
> >
> > Cool deal. It opened right up in OO 1.1.1. Is there a quick & dirty way to
> > save all images to separate files? (I would cull them later.) I've never
> > used OO or any presentation SW before.
>
> I do not have it in front of of me but I think there is a place in
> there to "save
> image" or extract image...

OK, so what I did was:

for each image in the presentation:
  select it
  File->Export
    select location (it doesn't store this? *%$@)
    change type to "BMP" (this either? Double *%$@)
    rename
    OK

for each image I exported:
  find width to remove (xv, crop, magnify, count)
  bmptoppm $image (| pnmcut <parameters> if necessary) | cjpeg <parameters> > destination.jpg

PITA; JPEGs in the first place would have been much easier.