Re: [SLUG] Crack Attempts

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 15 2005 - 15:55:38 EDT

On 7/15/05, Glenn Meyer <glenn@glennmeyer.com> wrote:
> Why not put...
>
> ALL:ALL in hosts.deny
>
> and then specifically allow certain ports from specific IPs or ranges in
> hosts.allow ?

My problem there is I have several who are working off of .no-ip.com or
similar addresses I will see how the domain name works for them, if that
works then I just have to get data on additional users as they come on
line. My original fix was to send them directly to the application, i.e. when
they log in they go direct to the app they are going to be working with.
no system command line, just the app.

--
Chuck Hast
To paraphrase my flight instructor;