[SLUG] Need a little help with a NFS problem

From: jeff (jdavis70@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jul 16 2005 - 15:33:07 EDT

        I just replaced my home server and installed WhiteBox just to give it a try.
I have a directory exported so that the data is accessible from two other
pc's. I have done this before with no problems when I had Mandrake on the old
server. The other machines can mount the exported NFS share, so that much is
working.

        The problem is that when I mount the share from the other computer, only root
has write permissions for the mounted share. I must be brain dead today,
because I do not see where I have messed up.
from workstation:
/etc/fstab
192.168.100.100:/exports/data /home/jeff/data nfs rw
******************

After mounting, the mountpoint is owned by root, but I can't change the
permissions when it is mounted.

ls -al ~/data
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 2005-07-15 17:39 data

The exports file on the server reads:
/exports/data 192.168.100.101, 192.168.102 (rw,insecure,sync)

        What did I miss that is not allowing the user write access? It has to be
something so simple that I am just overlooking the problem.

        Jeff