Re: [SLUG] Need a little help with a NFS problem

From: jeff (jdavis70@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jul 16 2005 - 18:24:38 EDT

On Saturday 16 July 2005 4:17, Kwan Lowe wrote:

> On the server share, create a new group and chown the export and
> contents to that group. E.g.:
>
> chgrp nfsusers /exports/data
>
> Then make sure that the group can write:
>
> chmod 770 /exports/data
>
> On the workstation side, make sure that the same group exists *with the
> same group id* as on the server. All users that need to write to that
> share must belong to this group.

OK, that kind of worked. I can access the shares now anyway. But something is
_really_ messed up at the server side though. I am getting a little less than
14.4 modem throughput on a 10/100 NIC.

I'm starting to think that it might have been a dud burn when I burned the
White Box cd's. For the time being, I'll go back with Mandrake on it tonight
so that at least I'll be using something that I am familiar with until I can
get this mess sorted out.

Thanks anyway. :)
Jeff