Re: [SLUG] Need a little help with a NFS problem

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jul 16 2005 - 19:20:36 EDT

On 7/16/05, Kwan Lowe <kwan@digitalhermit.com> wrote:
> jeff wrote:
> >
> > OK, that kind of worked. I can access the shares now anyway. But something is
> > _really_ messed up at the server side though. I am getting a little less than
> > 14.4 modem throughput on a 10/100 NIC.
>
> Check the duplex settings on the NIC. E.g.:
>
> ethtool eth0
>
> If it's not showing 100full, use ethtool to change the settings:
>
> ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full

Hmm, I just tried ethtool and got the following
root@fpac-dev:~# ethtool eth0
Settings for eth0:
No data available

Would this be due to the fact that the nic card is a PCMCIA card?
It is setting there talking away, so I know it is working. Indeed I am
ssh'd into it in order to test that command.

--
Chuck Hast
To paraphrase my flight instructor;