[SLUG] Something messed up

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jul 17 2005 - 17:29:09 EDT

Folks,
I have had some sort of mess up on my hard disk on my work laptop

This machine has (had) dualboot using GRUB, Friday night I shud it down
and when I restarted it all that came up was grub gloading stage 2,
and then I get a grub prompt. I can not find the boot lines that boot to
either Linux or windows xp... I am trying to figure out if I lost the HD or
what. If I look at the disk I see the two partitions, one reports ext2fs
and the other reports ntfs, (the linux side is supposed to br Riesert
fs)

This is a area I have not had to get too deep into as of yet, and if the
disk is still recoverable I need to try to avoid loosing it as there is
stuff on there I do not want to loose.

I presently have the SystemRescue CD in it. I can see my partitions
with partition image, and indeed it shows that the linux system is
rieserts.

Right now I need good guidance. I was backing this thing up at work
but ran out of file space, they were clearing some out for me to finish
this week, but have not got to the part where I can do it yet.

--
Chuck Hast
To paraphrase my flight instructor;