Re: [SLUG] Son of a dog...

From: Bob Stia (rnr@sanctum.com)
Date: Thu Jul 21 2005 - 02:47:54 EDT

On Wednesday 20 July 2005 08:50, Chuck Hast wrote:
> On 7/20/05, paddy <paddy@ij.net> wrote:
> > Chuck Hast wrote:
> > >Folks,
> > >I was contacted today by the FBI regarding the attempted
> > > intrussions into a linux machine which I run here at my home.
> > > They are very interested in any information that can be supplied
> > > to them, they asked me for log files and any other information
> > > that I could give them.
> > >
> > >The agent appeared to be quite interested in what I could supply
> > > him, and has sense sent me two more e-mails after calling me on
> > > the phone and introducing him self. I know that it is probably
> > > like sticking a finger in the dike, but I think that the more
> > > info these people have the more they can work to try to go after
> > > them.
> >
> > Chuck;
> >
> > A word of caution; when you eat supper with the Devil, use a spoon
> > with a long handle. These guys are cops and as such they are
> > interested in putting the blame for something on the first good
> > prospect, not necessarily the actual guilty person. Be cautious.
>
> Paddy, I used to be a cop,

Chuck,

I had to snip all of your great comments. They really should be
repeated.

I also was a police officer, getting to Detective Seargent, for 13
years, and then switching to be a Federal Agent (DEA) for the next
twenty years until I retired.

You have done the right thing. These are dedicated interested people who
want to enforce our laws and try to help protect us from the scumbags
surrounding us who try to take advantage of us for their personal gain.

It is appalling to me and so disappointing that so many people cannot
place their faith in the system that has worked so well, furthered our
way of life, and is the only way to protect us in the present and the
future.

I am proud that you have done "what needs to be done" and only wish that
I had the technical expertise to help you continue with this
investigation. With a little luck and lots of hard work maybe they will
be able to get these scumbags.

Bob S.
N96ES