Re: [SLUG] Son of a dog...

From: Bob Foxworth (rfoxwor1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jul 22 2005 - 09:05:31 EDT

> > I just came from a meeting organized by the feds and they were quite
willing
> > to give out contact info to send log files to, for the above
purpose.

> > They were of a younger generation, and very educated on the subject.
Yes, it's
> > nice to see the improvement!
> > --
>
> Was that the one today at the FDLE? I was planning to attend but work
stopped
> that plan.
>

> > Steve Szmidt
> >

> --
> Chuck Hast

Yes, pleased to meet Steve there, and Patty (who was able
to come with me) and I looked for you.

The agencies are starting to realize the need to reach out
and form these alliances to better educate the civilian
side on these issues.

I think all this 'rightsizing' by industry, where in your case
it appears possible that they are stretched enough that
there is no one available to attend, from your group, is
also part of the problem. The bean-counters rule, eh?

We need managers who understand these needs, and
not just see it as "I have to lose a half day on this"

- Bob
 (and Pat - we were able to do InfraGard, then a visit
to Downtown Disney for ice cream, then Cisco User
Group, then the Leap meeting, all in 1 looooong day!
At Leap, Phil Barnett demonstrated GuardDog)