[SLUG] USR Modem

From: SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jul 25 2005 - 23:29:04 EDT

Hi All

I have 2 computers setting next to each other both with identical US Robotics
56K full Fax in them.

My old HP computer is able to be connecter to the internet by modem.

My MSI compute did at one time connect but after suffering loss of it then HD
does not.

The MSI computer has drawers in it which allows one to change HD easely.

I have 3 different Linux distribution on 3 different HD that can be placed in
the computer: Mandrake 9.1 upgraded to LE, SuSE 9.2, and Red Hat 7.3.
All three systems have the same issue that is the installation program does
not recognize the existance of the modem.

I recall that certain configuration files must be modified inorder for Linux
to recognize the existance of the modem but time and falty memory have
combined to cause a complete laps of what to do. Likewise my written notes
are not to be found.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Frank