RE: [SLUG] Windblows background processes

From: Brian Radwanski (brian_radwanski@symantec.com)
Date: Wed Jul 27 2005 - 19:32:36 EDT

Paddy,

So that you aren't typing with your mittens on be sure to download the
most excellent Cygnus solutions cygwin product. It is a replacement
shell for windows that operates at the posix layer. In many cases,
common Unix tunables are configurable from the Cygnus /etc directory
(which actually makes registry modifications in some cases) You can
also download Xfree for Cygnus so you don't have to buy somebody's
X-server for Windows.

Pretty slick.

Brian